My Idols

I love these men, they are amazing and have made an impact on my life.
















Copyright Issues?

This blog's coding is (c) Wan Kimm, 2009. Just tweaked it a bit. All icon links to other blogs are made by me. Images for the actor's icons are taken from the header images of their official blogs. I am in no way affiliated with these artists or their agencies.

<Previous Post      |Home|      Next post>

2011-05-19

I'm finally home~

And I was just given a most expensive gift @_@

This little crystal Buddha is a Baccarat. It's a crystal glassware imported from Baccarat, France; it's known for its quality and its...well, price. According to the little pamphlet it came with, "Baccarat is a master of light, creates objects that infuse the everyday with a scintillating atmosphere of enchantment", and "light becomes substance in its purest form". So yes, I take that to mean that they're good at what they do, have been at it for generations, and that this crystal is major quality. (>_<)

I was given one by a family friend, telling me that she had heard that Buddhas should be given, not just bought, and that it was for good luck.

Of course, I appreciated the gesture, but I was really amazed. For those who have read the book Ella Enchanted (I stress: the book, not the movie), it was like receiving an Agulen work. Agulen is said to be the master of pottery among the elves, and his work is most coveted. So when Ella is simply given an Agulen work just by admiring it and appreciating it from the bottom of her heart, she is overwhelmed. I think it was that same feeling, the feeling that you can't accept such a valuable gift, but your hands close around the gift anyway.

Then after realizing what it is, it becomes that moment in The Princess Diaries where Mia is given the locket with the Genovian crest, along with a jewelry box that belonged to her grandmother's great-grandmother. That part where she's all, "I will keep this safe. I will take good care of it." And proceeds to stuff the jewelry box in her bag, with all the clanking and shaking and basically, mishandling. (@_@)

Of COURSE I knew better than to just stuff the Baccarat box in my bag, I fixed my stuff around it and everything. But still. An overwhelming moment for me, thank you. (@_@)

But yeah. I'm finally home from nearly four days of staying and cleaning out my grandparent's apartment with Aunt#1, so admittedly, I'm a little tired. But I have to do a little cleaning of my own, in my bedroom. My mom and Aunt#3 did some work in my closet, and now I'm clearing away most of the things. Also, I do need to make space for some stuff on my desk.

Also, the highlight of today: I FINALLY KNOW WHERE NINTENDO WORLD IS. YAAAY~

At the end of it all, I'm still alive, and that's what matters~

Labels: , , , , ,





<Previous Post      |Home|      Next post>