My Idols

I love these men, they are amazing and have made an impact on my life.
















Copyright Issues?

This blog's coding is (c) Wan Kimm, 2009. Just tweaked it a bit. All icon links to other blogs are made by me. Images for the actor's icons are taken from the header images of their official blogs. I am in no way affiliated with these artists or their agencies.

<Previous Post      |Home|      Next post>

2010-07-23

WakuWaku!


WakuWaku is this anime and hobby shop that is based in Katipunan, at the FBR arcade. I find myself getting dragged there recently by friends, and every visit is a fun highlight to my day.

I don't remember much about my first visit (it was long ago), except that at the time, it was still a small, budding business. Now, it has expanded slightly, and I hear that it often enjoys the spotlight at conventions. Today was only my third visit to the store, and I'm already growing quite attached to the place.

The man who runs it, Kuya Joma (we fondly refer to him as Kuya WakuWaku, hee hee) is cordial and friendly, and always accommodating. Coming to WakuWaku doesn't feel like you're entering a store, it feels as though you're entering a friend's home. The atmosphere is, overall, very welcoming--its very easy to just walk in, bond with Kuya Joma over random things, get drinks and siomai from a stall in the back (or food at the Korean grocery, heheh), and basically just hang. My recent visits have normally resulted in some kind of souvenir, and I've been very satisfied with my purchases. (^o^)/ I bought a cute yukata from there today--I've been waltzing around in it feeling pretty. Haha!

Many of the items I see on display, I've never seen in Comic Alley or any other store, though honestly speaking, Comic Alley is pretty much combed over and sometimes sells questionable merchandise. (>.>) Wakuwaku sells quality, original stuff for reasonable prices; I don't really hear my wallet crying in protest when I take it out to pay for something. (^^) Or maybe that's just me. Hee hee.

To sum it all up: awesome merchanise, a relaxing atmosphere, and a cool storeowner. What more can you ask for? Check it out, everyone. You won't regret visiting it. (^o^)/

It can be found in the ground floor of FBR Arcade, 317 Katipunan Avenue. Just look for the building with Yellow Cab and enter the main building--you'll spot it. Follow the sound of Japanese music! Hee hee hee.

I know I'll be coming back more often now. XD

Labels: , , ,





<Previous Post      |Home|      Next post>